There is increasing concern about the spread of the coronavirus – now referred to as COVID-19 – and what it means for each of us, our families and our operations. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) the virus is present in over 79 countries and we expect more cases to be identified in the United States as testing becomes readily available to community physicians. We also expect that many who test positive may not become very sick. Individuals who are older or have weakened immune systems may be most impacted. As the United States identifies more individuals with COVID-19, who have mild symptoms and who completely recover, the mortality rate will be driven down.
To protect the health and wellbeing of our employees, their families, and our community, endevis has implemented an updated workplace safety and wellness policy:
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come into work until they are free of fever, signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicine. Employees should notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick or in immediate contact with someone who is sick, such as a family member or child.
- Healthcare provider’s note will NOT be required for employees who are sick with acute respiratory illness to validate their illness or to return to work, as healthcare provider offices and medical facilities may be extremely busy and not able to provide such documentation in a timely way.
- endevis will remain committed to flexible sick leave and work from home policies that permit employees to stay home should symptoms arise or to care for a family member who is sick.
- endevis has maximized the employees’ ability to work remotely as needed.
- endevis will follow the US Department of State’s Travel Advisory list.
- Employee travel outside the organization must be approved by managers.
- Employees are advised to check themselves for symptoms of acute respiratory illness before starting travel and notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick.
- endevis is committed to continuous communication with all external contractors and vendors and comply with all health and safety requirements.